December 24, 2012

On the Menu

This evening we will be hosting our annual Christmas Eve Open House for our family and friends.  We've held the event just about every year since we got married, and I find it to be the perfect way to enjoy the excitement of Christmas Eve...spending time with our closest friends and family in a relaxed setting with good food (and good drinks!).
Colton and Josh at last year's soiree...right before Colty said good night for the evening

 While some people will only stop in for a bit, most of the people who come are there for the bulk of their evening, so I try to provide heavy enough hor dourves to make up a meal if necessary.
On the menu this year we have:
*Spinach Dip
*Sugar and Nut Brie with crackers and apples
*Stuffed Mushrooms
*Caprese Lasagna Roll Ups
*Chicken Puffs
*Sausage Balls
*Buckeye Bark
*Thin Mint Ritz Cracker Cookies
*Mini Eggnog Cheesecakes

I also plan to try out a drink concoction of red wine and Coke that I have had pinned for quite some time now.  

So aside from being pretty busy in the kitchen trying to get ready, I am super excited to have everyone over this evening reveling in Christmas cheer.  It really is such a magical time of the year, and I feel very blessed to be able to spend some time during it with so many that are near and dear to us!  
I sincerely hope you all have a wonderful Christmas surrounded by love.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment