December 12, 2012

Handmade Holidays: Ornament Garland

Just like yesterday's project, today's was inspired by Pinterest (I mean, what isn't these days, right?).  But also like yesterday's project, I did make mine with a slight twist to the original, so I figured it was worth sharing.  Without further ado, then, a tutorial for making an ornament garland:
As for supplies, you will need:
  • fishing line
  • ornaments...tons of ornaments (I was lucky enough to own all of mine from Christmases of yore, but obviously this could get kind of expensive if you didn't)
  • hooks for hanging
I was a little worried about making this, but I have to tell you, it was pretty quick and easy.  Cut off a super long piece of fishing line.  Remember you can always trim some off at the end, but you can't add to it if you start too short!  To start, tie your fishing line to a door handle. Once it is nice and secure, start typing each ornament on, knotting them on close together.
Keep on tying until your garland is as long as you want it.  
When you're all done, attach hooks to your mantle, one on each side and one in the middle.  Tie the garland around one end hook, loop it around the middle one, and tie it around the other end hook.  Your garland should be good and secure.  

Step back and admire how pretty your mantle looks. I had originally planned to take all of my ornaments and put them in glass vases/jars to decorate the mantle, but am sooooo glad I went this route instead!  It may just be my happiest decorating project E.V.E.R!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day...leave a comment